Nib + Ink is written and illustrated by Chiara Perano, founder of Lamplighter London, and published by Ebury, Penguin Random House in March 2016
Writing directly into the book, you will learn to play with type, get creative with letterforms and fall in love with handwriting again. Taking you letter by letter through the modern calligraphy basics, Nib + Ink teaches you...
- How to use essential calligraphy equipment
- Mark making drills and shapes
- A modern calligraphy alphabet with a variation of styles to practise with
- Guidance on joining letters, spacing and pacing
- How to create flourishes, finishes and decoration
- Simple projects from chalkboards and framed quotes to setting an envelope
- Stationery ideas for weddings, parties and table settings
- Troubleshooting tips, FAQs, stockists and resources
Discover exciting, creative and interesting ways to personalise your stationery, add a flourish to your correspondence and develop your own unique style of modern calligraphy. Each copy purchased from our website will be signed by the author, and comes beautifully gift wrapped.
We LOVE seeing your Nib + Ink photos, whether it's your practise or your flatlay, tag us @lamplighterlondon and share with #nibandinkbook! Here's a few of our favourites...
Looking for your NIB + INK guide sheets?
Click here to download your lined guides. You'll just need to print it off on A4 paper, and place it under your writing paper to practise. You're welcome!